Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Rob Mallard: "I'd love Denise Black to return to Corrie!"


There's an excellent interview in Inside Soap magazine this week with Rob Mallard, who plays Daniel Osbourne in Coronation Street.

I won't blog the whole interview, because it's definitely worth buying the magazine to read what Rob has to say over two pages.  But in a nutshell, the highlights of the interview for me were the following:

Rob says the best thing about being in Corrie is hearing 57 years worth of stories from Bill Roache (Ken Barlow).  "I do feel very privileged to be hearing them from him," he says.


He says he's had a good response from the public after his interview with Gay Times.

When Daniel had to punch the wall the other week in Corrie after his fight with Chesney, Rob says: "There was actually a little square piece of wall made out of polystyrene, which was screwed into the real wall to absorb the shock.  I mean, I was still hitting a brick wall underneath, but they didn't tell me that until afterwards!"

And finally, Rob says this about the possible return of his on-screen mum, Denise Osbourne:



"I would love it if she were to come back to Corrie! I've been a fan of Denise for a few years and when the audition for the role of Daniel first came up, one of the reasons I was so keen to win the role was because of the people I'd get to work with.  I knew I'd get to do scenes with the Barlows, but there was also the possibility I'd get to work with Denise at some point down the line. And that wasn't something I was going to turn my back on!"

See also: Who'd love Denise Osbourne to return to Coronation Street?


Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


NEW! Coronation Street Blog - the book.
A must for all Corrie fans!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!