Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 31 May 2017

British Soap Awards: Live Blogging - Yay or Nay?


The British Soap Awards were going to be shown live this Saturday night. However, that has now changed and you can read more on that here.

Now here's our dilemma.  If the Soap Awards were going out live, I had planned that our team would be at our keyboards and phones ready to blog, tweet, facebook and instagram the winners as they were announced.

But now that the Soap Awards aren't going to be shown on TV until Tuesday 6 June, I have a question to ask of you all.

You see, the last time we blogged the British Soap Awards as they were being won by Coronation Street  we came in for an AWFUL lot of flak from people who didn't want to know who had won until they'd seen it on TV,

So - my question is - do you want us to bring you details of Coronation Street winners in the British Soap Awards on Saturday 3 June when the awards show happens...

or 

...would you rather wait and find out on Tuesday 6 June when it's shown on TV?

Please let us know in the comments below.

Either way, we will still be blogging red carpet arrival pictures on Saturday 3 June. And on Sunday 4 June we'll bring you a list of all the winners, but the headline won't give anything away as to who won which award.

I'm interested to know your thoughts.

Read more Corrie news and spoilers 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

7 comments:

abbyk said...

As a spoiler avoider, I'd prefer a list of winners with a headline that lets those who want to know read on, and those who don't what to skip. (In my mind, when I saw this morning's headline re: Gail, I had to quickly tell myself that she must have accidentally run over David the dog. So sad. La la la, I can't hear anything else.) Save the live blogging for Tuesday. Bring on the photos, though. The outfits and candids are always fun.

It is good of ITV to make the change. A generous response to a horrific act deserves the spotlight.

maggie muggins said...

I'm leaning towards waiting for the TV airing. Thanks for giving us a chance to comment on it. And good comment, abbyk.

Llal said...

Wait for the day. No spoilers please! I'm 36 episodes behind with the programme itself, and it's driving me crazy trying to avoid stuff!!!

Lily Bigfield said...

It will be reported elsewhere, so I am all for spoilers, though I completely understand why others might not want them.

Maricha said...

As long as we're warned in advance of what the post is about, I think you should do what's most convenient for you.

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer a warning in the heading of the post and then spoil away. It will be reported everywhere else anyway so you might as well.

Newfy Pearl said...

I am in Canada and it takes quite a while for me to find a video version online...so it matters not to me. lol

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!