Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 28 May 2017

5 Things We Learned in Corrie This Week

It's been another cracking week in Weatherfield this week.

I'm so pleased that people seem to be enjoying reading my 5 Things We Learned posts, so I might just continue with them. Thank you for the lovely feedback. And so, here's what we learned in Corrie this week.

Under the floor is never a good hiding place.  Whether it's a poetry book or a dead man called Callum you know that in soap loand, that whatever it is you've buried under the floor is going to come up and haunt you in the end.


Natalie Barnes has not been forgotten.  
Husband-stealer Natalie went after Kevin while Sally was away looking after her ill mum in Scarborough. But Sally blamed Gina for the breakup of her marriage. Oh, Sally, it wasn't Gina's fault.


Sally's got an Aunty Ethel. Not only that, but Aunty Ethel's got a lovely canteen of cutlery too.


Tambourine Street exists. Sally told Gina she'd pulled some strings with the council to find her a house on Tambourine Street. I do hope this will be part of the new Coronation Street set.


Cocoa coagulates if it's not stirred. Cocoa wars broke out at the cafe when Roy made his displeasure known at Brian not washing up the teaspoons. Mess with Roy's teaspoons at your peril!


Read more Corrie news and spoilers 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

Tilly Flop said...

Please keep this as a regular feature. As I said last week, keep it coming. It's turning into one of my favey posts on this blog. Well done

Maricha said...

Thanks again. I like this feature, too. :-)

Rapunzel said...

Me too :)

coconno196 said...

I agree, though I'm surprised you didn't mention Sally's odd pronunciation of cutlery - she said "cut-el-ry" instead of "cut-lery"!

Tilly Flop said...

Haha. That's amazing. I'm a proud Manc and I've just realised that I say cut-el-ry. I've never noticed I say it that way before. Must be a Manc thing. I'll make a conscious effort to say cut-lery in future :-)

Anonymous said...

It's like the weird US pronunciation of nu-cu-lar. NU-CLE-AR, pls!

maggie muggins said...

I think GW Bush made nu-cu-lar his very own bit of stupidity, though it was around in the states before him.

Yes, I like this 5 Things feature, very nice, Flaming Nora! Sometimes short and illustrated hits the spot.

coconno196 said...

Interesting. It never occurred to me it was a Manchester quirk, so apologies. 😊 I did look up the pronunciation and "cut-lery" is given as correct in both English and American. I thought it was just another example of pretentious Sally getting it wrong!

Tilly Flop said...

Don't apologise, I'm not offended, it made me smile. I kept repeating it over and over to myself and I Def say cut-elry. I didn't even notice the way Sally pronounced it, it just seemed so normal to me. Thanks for making me smile after this horrible week

abbyk said...

Actually, Jimmy Carter, a Naval Academy grad, said it that way as well. This American does not. She does, however, love 5 Things.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!