Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Profile: Coronation Street director Suri Krishnamma

There's a lovely interview with Coronation Street director Suri Krishnamma, in the Isle of Wight County Press online.

Suri is originally from the Isle of Wight and talks about being asked to work as a director on Corrie.

He says that shooting Corrie presents a unique challenge.

"Coronation Street is shot multi-camera and I’ve never shot multi-camera before, so I was quite curious about the process. I did a short training course in Leeds at the Emmerdale set and then they hired me," he said.

He added: "It’s a real privilege. I grew up on Coronation Street because my mother is from Skipton in Yorkshire. As a child I remember sitting on my grandmother’s knee and watching very early black and white episodes, so it’s something that has been a part of my culture. I got to work with some of the real legends, such as Bill Roach who plays Ken Barlow. He is an extraordinary man at the age of 84, who looks barely over the age of 44. He has a very young spirit and an extraordinary memory."

Suri has also directed feature films, such as New Year’s Day, Bad Karma and Dark Tourist, in addition to many award-winning short films. He has also been nominated for three BAFTAs.




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!