Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 30 March 2017

Coronation Street and the art of the Red Herring

Who do YOU think pushed Ken Barlow down the stairs and tried to kill him?  Do you think it's one of the characters above which ITV have given us as a possible suspect - or someone else?

I think it's someone else.  I suspect either crazy Chloe or stroppy Seb.  But that's just my own opinion and pure speculation.   I don't think it'll be one of the people above because, well, let's cast our minds back to Corrie's Who Killed Frank Foster? storyline.


Coronation Street gave us these five suspects for the murder of Frank - Michelle, Peter, Carla, Kevin and Sally.

And the killer of Frank Foster was none of the above, it was his own mum, Anne Foster!

But then again, Ken's attacker might just be one of those offered by ITV. 

In the Who Killed Tina McIntyre storyline, ITV offered four suspects - Carla and Peter (again), Tracy and Rob Donovan. And as we know, one of those in the picture, Rob Donovan, did turn out to the Tina's murderer.
So what do YOU think? Who do you think could have wanted to attack Ken - and why?

See also: Who attacked Ken? All the suspects, spoilers, theories, pics!

Find out more about me and my books. Click on the image below:

Glenda Young books

I'm on twitter @flaming_nora




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

17 comments:

Unknown said...

It could be Amy. I mean she did go missing at the time and has the motive? But then again, would TPTB risk copying EE re - Bobby Beale?

dulyquoted said...

On the other hand, Amy accidentally pushing her grandfather would be not so much EE as a less egregious version of David pushing Gail down the stairs. Her expression as Ken was being wheeled out to the ambulance was striking. Shock? Guilt? Definitely something.

Tvor said...

We haven't heard of any of the actors leaving the show. That was the giveaway with Rob Donovan. The general soap rule is it's almost always a secondary character if one of the main ones isn't leaving, or else it's clear self defence. I think Seb or Chloe are both good choices, but I'm leaning to Chloe. It could end up being an accident, too, because Ken did hear someone at the back door, apparently Phelan and it could have startled him. Or if Adam was in the house using the key Amy mentioned, it could have startled Ken to see him upstairs and he could have fallen backwards.

abbyk said...

Well, Nick has brain damage and the actor is leaving, so maybe he went into one of his rages and blamed Ken for all the grief Peter has caused him (joke). Initially I was leaning towards Adam but now I'm thinking maybe he tripped over Eccles; has anyone seen her since?

Unknown said...

I don't understand why, when Ken heard someone open the back door, he decided to continue about his business upstairs without investigating further...

Humpty Dumpty said...

I might be getting lost in the plot but didn't Ken have marks on the back of his head, indicating that he'd been struck before he fell? It's probably Seb, but I said in another post that it might just be Amy. She might have been upstairs putting the money in an envelope when she should have been at the concert. Ken confronts her, the story comes out and he grabs the money. There's a scuffle and - well done, writers, if this is it - she follows in mother's footstep and strikes out with an ornament.

Laura said...

My money's on Amy or Seb. Would like it to be Seb so we can finally be rid of the little toerag.

If it was Amy, well, I'd love to hear what Blanche would have had to say about it if she was still there!

fairycake said...

What if it is....ROB!
I believe there have been snaps of him being smuggled on to the set out there in interweb land. Perhaps he showed up looking for Tracy and then thumped an unbelieving and shocked Ken, causing his fall down the stairs...
Hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Maricha said...

I think it will either turn out to be an accident no matter what the injuries indicate or it will be Seb that was searching for things to steal upstairs and startled or attacked Ken.
I don't think it will be Chloe because presently she's still concentrating on Peter so why would she be upstairs at the Barlows?

PoidaPete said...

I've said it on a couple of posts, it'll be Seb. I wish I could put money on it!

Maricha said...

If it's anyone, I think you're right that it will be Seb.

Emma Hynes said...

I got the impression the suspect was upstairs and Ken heard a noise, and proceeded up to investigate.

Emma Hynes said...

That reply is to Rob Coates comment.

Derelict Cucumberpatch said...

Will someone answer me this: why on earth would it be Seb?

Maricha said...

Well,I think it will turn out to be Seb -unless it's just an accident- because he's a thief. The first time he was ever at the Barlows he tried to steal a medal. If he thought everyone was out, it wouldn't be surprising if he snuck in and went upstairs to look for things to take. Ken coming in would surprise him and he'd do anything to get out unseen. Also, he's an expendable character unlike all the Barlows (and even Phelan for the time being).

Anonymous said...

Crazy Chloe, in an attempt to get back at Peter. Mark my words!

diannel04 said...

I think it's either Seb or Rob since both of them are dispensible.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!