Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Everybody... SMILE!

I feel ya, Rita x
Just a short one from me. As many of you will know, I'm currently on somewhat of a blogging sabbatical whilst I'm working at the Coronation Street Tour in Salford. But I'm still reading the blog regularly, loving the Corrie episodes on telly, and keeping in touch with everyone on social media.

However, I can't help but feel that every Coronation Street fan from the UK to New Zealand, Weatherfield General to the Red Rec just needs to put a great big smile on their face. All I've seen in the last six months is negativity, negativity, and even more negativity.

We all fell in love with The Street at some point in time, whether that be 1960, or last week. We all have things we don't like, but it's not up to us to change them. Yes we like to voice our opinion, and yes we're more than entitled to. But it's up to the execs at Corrie to decide what to change - not us. They still pull in around 6m people per episode. So the show clearly isn't as bad as what people are making it out to be, and should the ratings drop significantly, that's when everything would be reviewed.

So all I ask is that you think about something from the programme, past or present, that makes you SMILE.  x

I'm on Twitter @MikeAdamsUk. Please send me Jenny Bradley GIFs.



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!