Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 27 July 2017

Vote For Your Favourite Coronation Street Family


If you had to choose just one family on Coronation Street as your favourite, which family would it be?

By family, I'm thinking of ones that have at least three generations in them - a Corrie clan, if you like.

Is it the Connor clan - dad Johnny, son Aidan and daughter Kate with Michelle on the sidelines too and Carla in the background (gone but never forgotton!).


Or would you vote for the Platts? Matriarch Audrey, mum Gail, son David, daughter Sarah, young Bethany and kids Harry and Lily?


How about the Barlows? King Ken and a whole bunch of wayward kids, stepkids and grandkids?

If you had to choose just one of them to watch on Coronation Street, which one would it be?

I reckon I'd choose the Platts because of Audrey and Gail providing some comedy moments - something that is in very short supply at No. 1 where the Barlows reside.

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

13 comments:

Zagg said...

I'd have to go with the Barlows. Most definitely not the Connors now that Carla is gone and David Platt is a yes. The rest of the Platt family, absolutely no.

Anonymous said...

The Barlows of course, and as for no comedy, what about the Tracy and Amy scenes?

Tvor said...

Platts but the Barlows would be a close second. STill... the Platts.

Unknown said...

The Platts obviously.They do have the most generations.They are hilarious,complex,huge and a true representation of Corrie.Barlow's would be my next favorite And I don't like the Connor's at all.They don't have nearly as much history as The Platts and Barlows.

Anonymous said...

What about the MacDonald's? I love Liz and I totally was on with Big Jim. Even Steve Mac and his amazingly funny facial expressions. Give me the MacDonalds!

Rebecca said...

I have to say the MacDonald clan. Always entertaining and in my opinion the rightful landlords of the Rover's.

Anonymous said...

If Todd and Billy become Summer's guardians, can I vote for the Grimshaw's (3 generations)? I've always loved Eileen's progressive attitude toward unconventional family, as well as Tony Stewart, a family that represents alternative sexual orientations as well as biracial and now non-biological kids.

Catsmom said...

I agree with Anonymous, I vote the MacDonalds. Or is it McDonalds?

Anonymous said...

I can't choose between The Barlows and The Platts- they both have something the other one doesn't.

The Connors offer something completely different, and admittedly I am more drawn to them because of the impact Mrs C made. I wonder how is Carla these days? Is she ever spoken about?

AriesRadio said...

For me, it is definitely the Barlows.

abbyk said...

The Barlows have the most individual depth, which makes them most interesting to me. I'd put the Phelan-Grimshaws next for the same reason, Summer & Nicola should make interesting additions. (Since Todd & Tracy are friends, I wonder what sort of mischief Amy & Summer will get up to.)

Anonymous said...

The Macdonalds for me...if only we could include Jim and Andy in that. Love David Platt though. The Barlows? Nah.

Lydia said...

I would definitely choose the Connors. There is so much drama and I love that there is always something going on. The Webster's are also a favourite. My favourite Corrie actors are Faye Brooks and Brooke Vincent.xx

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!