Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 21 July 2017

The most famous line in soap coming to Coronation Street?


It's one of the most famous lines in soap and it looks like it's going to be repeated on Coronation Street.

When Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders screamed "Get outta my pub!" it became one of those soap line that make history. I know it and I use it (even though I haven't got a pub, I never scream at anyone and I don't watch EastEnders.

Never heard of it? Watch it below.  And yes, this may be the first time in history of the blog that I've put an EastEnders clip on the site!



Why are we showcasing a line from a rival soap?

Because, according to the tabloids this week, the line is going to be used in Coronation Street when Peter Barlow tells Steve McDonald to sling his hook and leave the Rovers Return.

Now that is going to be worth watching. Let's just hope he doesn't say it in a Cockney accent.

Read more Corrie news, interviews and spoilers 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Tvor said...

I can't say for sure, but it seems to me Liz or Bet has actually said that phrase in the past. Though to be sure "You're Barred!" gets a lot more use. I'm just wondering how long it will take before Toyah's saying that for the first time. She seems like the type that would.

Flo said...

I don't know, to me it seems wrong. Only Barbara Windsor should be allowed to say it!

Derelict Cucumberpatch said...

I would far rather hear Liz saying it to Peter and Toyah. I can dream, can't I?

Tvor said...

I doubt Toyah could ever say it with much conviction.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!