Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 19 July 2017

First pic: Vic Reeves starts filming at Coronation Street


The official ITV Coronation Street website has posted this picture of comedian Vic Reeves to Twitter today as he starts work on the soap.

Vic Reeves - real name Jim Moir - will  be playing a television presenter called Colin. It will be a short term stay and will involve Norris and Mary.   I'm guessing that it must involve Norris' Mr and Mrs competition that he entered and will somehow end up with Norris and Mary getting married.

Appearing in Corrie has been a lifelong dream for Vic/Jim who said: "I'm really looking forward to acting in Corrie. It's a real thrill to be part of a British institution." 

Vic will be on screen for up to 3 months from the end of summer. Vic is well known for such series as Monkey Pants, Vic Reeves Big Night Out, and Vic & Bob's Afternoon Delights. You can see all of his writing and acting stints here on his IMDB entry. 


Read more Corrie news, interviews and spoilers 





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

11 comments:

Tilly Flop said...

I really hate being negative, but I'm really not looking forward to this. I don't think Vic is funny whatsoever. Everything his does seems forced. I had the same trepidation when I heard that Brian Packham was returning to the show

boris the spider said...

I agree Tilly, thank goodness it's only a short stay.

Plus he wasn't a very nice person in real life on I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here when he was on with his wife a few years back.

C in Canada said...

I don't know this comedian at all, BUT I am very intrigued at the thought of Norris and Mary getting pushed into being married!
Oh the hilarity of that!
If they did, would they divorce/annul soon after, or would they realize they enjoy being married?
Plenty of food for thought there!

Anonymous said...

Try not to worry it will all be fine lol!

Scott Willison said...

Vic is a legend and can make me laugh with just a raised eyebrow. He was also great in the Morecambe and Wise drama, Eric and Ernie, so he has dramatic acting experience too.

Humpty Dumpty said...

To be fair to the actor, he can act given proper direction and writing. However, he might be (and I have no idea) one of those actors who will go way over the top if left to his own devices. The character, Brian Packham, is a case in point where I'm guessing the actor has just been left to get on with it. I hope the script for Vic Reeves is written realistically and the direction is strong. He's going to play a game show host so if he goes for the 'Hughie Green' version, prepare for hilarious consequences ...

coconno196 said...

I've never liked Vic Reeves' so-called comedy, but I too was impressed with his sensitive portrayal of Eric Morecambe's father in Eric and Ernie, written by the wonderful and much missed Victoria Wood.

Anonymous said...

What I can't get my head around is, if it's to do with the Mr & Mrs storyline, why would he need to be in Corrie for 3 months? Is he gonna go on the round the world cruise with the winner as well? It's gonna be a long 3 months

Anonymous said...

I think Bob Mortimer is the talented one in the duo. Certainly not Vic Reeves

Anonymous said...

You've had a lucky escape, you really have

coconno196 said...

Anon 2055: I "totes" agree. Bob Mortimer has had me in stitches on Would I Lie to You and Room 101.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!