Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Hiya! It's Just Jordan...




Hiya! It's just Jordan!

You may have read Glenda's recent blog post calling out for a new Friday reviewer. That's because after reviewing more episodes than I care to remember (it must be in the hundreds by now), I've decided it's time to stop.  It's probably apparent that I've missed some reviews recently and that's not fair on the Blog or our readers.


Honestly, I'm not enjoying Corrie like I was three years ago when I joined the teambas a Wednesday reviewer.  I'm still going to watch Corrie and occasionally blog when I have something to say, but the thought of writing lengthy regular posts about a show I no longer love is just not one I want to entertain. What will I blog about now? Ah, now there's a question.

For a while now, the show has been on a downwards spiral and with the recent leak about Liz, it shows no sign of stopping. It's stagnant, it's stale and sitting down to catch up is not something I feverently look forward to anymore.

However, to put a positive light on this post, I will forever be grateful to the Blog. This blog has presented me with many unbelievable opportunities. Who'd have thought little me would get to sit with posh journos in Roy's Rolls?!

Thank you to Glenda, the rest of the team and of course all our readers. If you fancy a look back to my very first (very short) episode review, it's here.

As always,

Thanks for reading!

Jordan

Twitter @JordanLloyd39





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Humpty Dumpty said...

It's been great fun reading your blogs, Jordan. I really loved the captioned photos. All the soaps are struggling to compete with the likes of Netflix and this must affect their story lining. Who knows what the next five years will bring? Thanks for everything and, even though it's not goodbye, good luck in the future.

maggie muggins said...

Ah, your Friday weeklies will be missed, Jordan. (another captions fan here) Wow, you go way back to the Kylie days. Loved your light-hearted take on The Street. Quick easy reads with heart that brightened my day.

I'm not giving up on Corrie either, but often despair at what's being left by the wayside that was good, and how it feels like so much filler material these days. Some good things to enjoy, just not in a non-twitter way. Hope you look in now and then with a few jaunty words.

popcorn said...

Many thanks, Jordan. Your reviews frequently left me cackling with laughter, and I loved your captioned photos.
Best of luck with all you undertake in the future!

Rebecca said...

I enjoyed your contributions, but I also understand where you're coming from. It's hard to focus on Corrie right now. I still watch, but it doesn't have my undivided attention at the moment.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!