Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 6 January 2013

Krissi Bohn - men's private parts and Coronation Street

There's a good interview in today's Sunday Mirror with Krissi Bohn, who plays Corrie newcomer Jenna Kamara.

Before she landed the role as Jenna in Corrie, Krissi worked in the NHS.  She says: “I don’t know how to put it ­politely, but I was looking at bums and willies. My acting skills came in very handy. The first time I had to say, ‘Lovely sir, if you’d just like to take your trousers and underwear down for me,’ was hard. In my head I was screaming, ‘Aagh, willies!’ because I’m still a ­childish person who can’t say rude words without laughing.” I can hardly read that sentence without giggling, too.

In real life Krissi spent the first 18 months of her life in an orphanage in Brazil before being adopted by white parents in ­Cornwall. She grew up with a younger brother Toby. Her mum Helen works with dyslexic adults and dad Mike is a ­retired council manager.

Krissi tells how she longed to be an actress but after struggling for six years, she realised her career was stalling.But having landed the Corrie job, she says: “On the Wednesday I was looking at men’s private parts and then on Friday I was in the Rovers Return, the most iconic pub in the world.”

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

9 comments:

Janice said...

I now understand why Jenna prefers Spohie's hoo-haa's to kevin's willies.

Anonymous said...

Heck ya, I'd love that job! In fact, I'll keep it in mind when I plan to immigrate! ;)

Danny-K said...

" Krissi says: “...I was looking at bums and willies... I had to say, ‘Lovely sir, if you’d just like to take your trousers and underwear down for me,’ was hard. In my head I was screaming, ‘Aagh, willies!’ "

Hmmm, I see Krissi, so in essence you found the willies hard - (to look at).

Anonymous said...

Alright, everyone. Grow up!

Frosty the Snowman said...

Lovely classy title to this blog! Are we all in Brian Packham's class?

Jenna herself needs to get some friends, she is always hanging around the Rovers on her own where mummy works even on NYE - what a saddo!

ChiaGwen said...

Hmmmm, in what capacity was she looking at 'bums and willies'...is she a nurse?....or can anyone in the UK Health Field look at them...lol. Loved all the above comments. Wish she had been brought in as Lloyd's girlfriend and not his daughter.

Mary Prankster said...

I read somewhere (on this blog) that Krissi Bohn is a physiotherapist in real life, having got a "backup career" credential, in case acting didn't work out.

ChiaGwen said...

Mary - then that begs the question, do physiotherapists in the UK do physio on 'willies' as well as 'bums'...lol? Would there be any need to take off your underwear for a look-see by a physiotherapist..?

ChiaGwen said...

Checking around the net and found an article that said Krissi Bohn worked as a Sexual Health Worker - so guess it was a legitimate look-see at 'willies and bums'.....eeeuuwww.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!