Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 10 February 2013

Your Corrie heroes and villains of the week


I enjoyed posing this question so much last week I've decided to do it again! Your feedback did provide a very entertaining distraction from the perils of Countryfile, although I found myself strangely disappointed that Matt Baker didn't appear. Am I coming over to the dark side?! Anyway, back to Corrie...

So here goes. If you had to pick one Coronation Street character who you particularly love at the moment and one you particularly hate, who would they be? Only one each please, and remember I am asking for characters, not actors! 

The past week has been a difficult one to judge for me. I think my hero(ine) of the week may be a surprising and possibly controversial choice! Yes, this week I'm praising Tina McIntyre. Bet you never saw that one coming! I'm no real fan of over-exposed Tina, however this week her strident defence and support of Tyrone has impressed me. I may be feeling particularly strongly about this as it comes in contrast to that witches coven of Sally, Eileen and Julie. Just how stupid can those women be?! Ok, don't answer that!! Anyway, they are getting on my nerves and I hope they come to their senses soon.

Which brings me to my villain of the week. No, I'm not going for Kirsty Soames. Yes, she is a complete horror and I can't wait for her to get what's coming to her. However Natalie Gumede's performances have been terrific and I couldn't help but feel for her once she realised Ruby had been taken. 

My villain this week is Nasty Norris Cole. I am totally sick of him. I wish Rita would hurry up and stick a cork in his gob! Norris was always a gossip, quick to judge other people, but he was never the thoroughly unpleasant character he has become today. He now has no redeeming qualities whatsoever as far as I can see. He held court in the Rovers on Friday night without a good word for anybody. Even Blanche had a compassionate side. I think Norris needs to come face to face with his own mortality and either shape up or ship out!

So let's have your Corrie hero(ine) and villain(ess) from the past week in Weatherfield. And if anyone compares me to that Ginger Farmer in Countryfile, I won't be responsible for my actions!


You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

And you can follow me on Twitter @Edgeof31

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

13 comments:

Beth said...

Hero = Tina - for giving everybody a much deserved mouth full, though I can't help but think there is heavier evidence that can be brought forward. She has been saying and saying for a year plus that Kirsty is a nut job and yet people still prefer to believe somebody the know all of five minutes ahead of somebody they've known years.

Villain = Julieileen - ok I cheated a teeny bit :) but they are both so horrid and self righteous that I hope the choke on their humble pie. What has happened to common sense?

Janice. said...

Kevin was a hero this week. I had said before Kevin was a wild card in this plot and his actions will restore the Tyrone/Kevin friendship. Ha, disbelievers!
Villain would have to be Maria. Storming off in a huff and leaving Marcus stranded at the bar! Her jealousy and petty remarks when Marcus looked at the guys in the bar was unforgivable. What, you thought you changed him forever? His past should remain dead and buried? Just wait, my dear, when you gain twenty pounds and lose your teeth, Kirkeh will look mighty dishy to Marcus.

Carry On Blogging! said...


Oh Janice! That did make me laugh!!

Llifon said...

Hero = loved Beth this week.

Villain = Kirsty, turning everyone against Tyrone!

Llifon said...

And did you know that the woman running the B&B in Wales starred in Corrie in the 1980s as Megan Morgan, one of Alec Gilroy's acts?

I think Bet wasn't pleased with Alec and Megan's relationship.

Carry On Blogging! said...


I didn't know that!! Good spot there! I love when they bring these actors back like that...

cheekie said...

Hero: I agree, Tina. And the way she defended Tyrone was true to character and believable. She's a strong girl - and doesn't really care about popular opinion.

Villain: Gail. Just Gail. She annoys me to no end, and her simpering to Nick and moaning/whining all the time makes me sick. Can we start a charity drive to buy her a backbone? Ugh.

Anonymous said...

My villan of the week would have to be Eileen. She is a real hypocritial piece of work...sanctimonious loser IMO.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh there but she used to be open-minded and non judgmental but it's the old invasion of the personality snatchers at work again..I hope Paul finally leaves her because she's just annoying..except when she's rowing with Gail..that's good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hero: Tina. Her big mouth might finally serve a purpose. And we know she won't give up.

Villain: I'm torn between Julie and Eileen. Julie is an easily duped moron obviously. But Eileen? Damn, she's got a short memory of what it's like to be falsely accused of something (Lesley story).

Actually, ALL of Ty's friends who've known him forever are ALL villains right now if they're not backing him.

~JB in Canada

Anonymous said...

Think the Eileen Julie Sally and Ms Stella behind the bar will be needing a large ladle to eat the huge humble pie that will be served up for them to eat. Tina is being given a hard time by one and all but you think the locals who know her and tyrone would get their brain cells back and put two and two together and not get three. Please can we end this silly story line and get some decent tales on again.

Anonymous said...

Just watched the latest episode with Julie sitting on the couch with Kirsty ( I hear the crowd boo) sucking up the sympathy and I don;t know why but I get the nasty feeling that Kirsty is going to lash out and hurt Julie - and I think poor Julie is never emotionally get over it and not trust people like she use to. Perhaps poor Hayley will step in to try and stop the bashing of Julie and get hurt and this might cause Hayley to decide she can't live there anymore and leave to live with a family member as Roy couldn't contimplate leaving the street.

Anonymous said...

Lol

ChiaGwen said...

Oh I agree with the villain being Norris. They have turned him into a creepy, narrow-minded, vindictive little slime. Really, what is he still doing on the street, he has had no viable storyline in ages? I agree that either they have him or someone through his fault be near death's door and be redeemed or toss him into the next available taxi leaving the Street.
Agree again about Tina being the Hero. She has never wavered with regard to Tyrone and I hope she is front and center when all the other backstabbers realize just how horrible and wrong they have been. Mini-Hero is Kevin for helping Tyrone.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!