Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Coronation Street fan of the week - Tina in Portsmouth

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Click here to find out more
.


Who are you and where are you from?
Tina from Portsmouth.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
As long as I can remember. Probably since the late 70's.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Currently my favourite female is Deirdre Barlow just because she is such a diverse  character. She can make me laugh and she can make me cry. For the male character I would have to say Peter Barlow. He is a realistic character. I love his complicated relationship with his dad. His fight with alcohol addiction and  somehow no matter what he does I still like him.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
My favourite storyline ever was the Ken, Deirdre & Mike triangle. Gails stalker, Richard Hillman, Tram Crash.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
Just some sort of storyline that would bring back some old characters that are related to current characters just temporarily. Something as simple as a family gathering. It frustrates me that we never see Debbie Webster she is very rarely mentioned. Gina, Sally's sister. Half of the Barlow clan seem to have been forgotten about.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share? 

Quite a few years ago I went to the Granada Studios tour with my brother. It was a charity day and some of the cast were going to be there. It turned out that Barbara Knox was there and everyone was going getting photos with her and autographs. I just felt a bit  shy and did not want to bother her. In the end I decided to take a photo of her from a distance. She spotted me and even though there was other people there she turned and posed for me which I thought was the loveliest thing. I have never forgotten it and still have those photos.
 

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!