Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 15 February 2013

Michael Le Vell's scenes to be cut

Following this morning's news that Michael Le Vell, who plays the part of Kevin Webster, has been charged with 19 offences of sexual abuse, the Radio Times is reporting that he will not be appearing in Coronation Street pending the outcome of legal proceedings.

ITV have confirmed that scenes already filmed will be removed from programmes to be broadcast. There has been no announcement as to how the character's absence will be explained.

Michael Le Vell has issued the following statement:

"I would like to make it quite clear that following the serious allegations that have been brought against me on Thursday, 14th February 2013, I am innocent of these charges and intend to fight them vigorously.

"I will now put all my efforts into clearing my name and proving my innocence. I thank my friends, family and fans for their continued support. I would ask now for time to concentrate on preparing my defence with my legal team."



You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!