Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 13 February 2013

David Neilson "shocked and devastated" at losing Corrie's Hayley

David Neilson, who plays Roy Cropper on Coronation Street, was interviewed today on ITV's Daybreak. 

Digital Spy have the write up from his interview here in which David says how upset he is that Julie Hesmondhalgh, who plays Hayley, is leaving the show.

On learning that Julie was leaving, David said: "I was shocked and devastated. I mean, she's great, she's my right hand. She told me a couple of months before it became public and I thought she'd change her mind, and I hoped she'd change her mind.

"I adjusted to it, but when it became official, it's a bit like a death in the family. I'm really sad. I'll miss her obviously, and this place will miss her.

"But she'll do well, she wants to fly the nest and do stuff, and who knows - in this show she could come back as Hayley's long-lost sister!"
You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see why they can't replace her they've replaced so many others, some multiple times, that I'm sure they could find some other actress who would do justice to the role.

Anonymous said...

I don't think they should even try to replace her. She hasn't been around much anyway so Roy and his mum will have to just muddle through together.

Nathan Johnson said...

Don't blame him for being sad about it, after all they have worked together for the past 15 years. I don't think anyone can fill in the role of Hayley, its Julie Hesmondhalgh's role and she is known for that part. There are some characters you can't recast.

Anonymous said...

"she could come back as Haley's long-lost sister"
Sounds like she will be killed off in the Rovers fire then.
ER

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!