Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 22 February 2013

Natalie Gumede films Kirsty's final scenes on Corrie

Natalie Gumede, who plays crazy Kirsty Soames on Coronation Street, is filming her final scenes on the soap next week.

Natalie's just posted these couple of tweets on twitter from @nataliegumede

After my final #Corrie filming day next week, I will look back with love, and look forward to new adventures xxx

Your support has touched me greatly, and working with the #Corrie team has been an honour and a pleasure!

Thank you for your generosity as a person and as an actor! And all of my castmates, crewmates and all who look after us so well

I know Kirsty has to leave because all Corrie villains get their comeuppance, but I'll miss her. And I'll miss Natalie because of her fantastic acting skills and wish her well in whatever she does in the future. I feel she'll go far as an actress, further, I hope than Casualty and Holby City; much further indeed.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

Humpty Dumpty said...

Natalie is a terrific young actress and I wish her the very best for her future career. As for Kirsty, if they are filming her exit now, it could be tied up with the fire. It's all guess work but one exit would be for her to be caught up in the fire, confess her guilt, and subsequently die from her injuries. On the other hand ...

Ms B Haven said...

Kirsty has been an exciting and infuriating character. Natalie brought Kirsty to life and did it like no other could.

ChiaGwen said...

Top rate acting and wonderful to watch. I was so hoping Kirsty wouldn't die but be committed only to reappear in the future.

Janice said...

Sadly not all Corrie villains get their comeuppance. I am looking at you Tracy Barlow.

Tvor said...

No, I think Kirsty's comeuppance will be jail after the trial, or else she'll have a breakdown or something. I will miss Natalie a lot, too. She is a fantastic actor and I look forward to seeing her in more!

Chatty Kathy said...

I'm just glad this whole Kirsty/Tyrone/abuse storyline will be over soon.

Laura said...

If she does die from the fire, it will be a repeat of Molly, confessing in the rubble from the tram crash! Another rehash yet again...zzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

I just hope that when she leaves she doesn't take Ruby with her. Tyrone has had enough torture without that. I will really miss Natalie, her acting is in a different league to some of the characters on the show.

Anonymous said...

One of the most interesting if not disturbed characters to come along in quite awhile. I can't wait to find out how they've written her out..should be a good one...hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Kirsty will die in the Rovers fire *after* Tyrone has been found guilty on all counts and sentenced to years in prison.

This way, he will appear to have no way whatsoever to prove his innocence (since his accuser is dead)... at least at first. This way, they can get away with the standard "rot in prison for a few months" story line and also have Kirsty depart the show.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!