Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 22 February 2013

Is footballer Stephen Darby a Ken Barlow look-a-like?

This just in today from T'Telegraph journalist with the wonderful Corrie surname of Ogden:

"According to Valley Parade captain Gary Jones, full-back Stephen Darby bears such a resemblance to a younger version of the Coronation Street character that the former Liverpool defender is known as Ken Barlow among his team-mates.

“That’s true,” Darby said. “I played with Gary at Rochdale and that’s where it started, so he brought it up again when I signed last summer. Unfortunately it has stuck. I think it’s a facial thing rather than my dress sense! I can’t believe it has stuck. Even my mates call me that now.”

Well, here he that Ken Barlow look-a-like Stephen Darby. Do you think he looks much like Ken? I can't see it, myself.


But here he is bearing a resemblance to Gary Windass.

 And to Kirkeh.
 
See loads more daft Coronation Street look-a-likes here.
 
You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see it. but if you google you will find that samia (maria) has a look alike in jennifer love hewitt.

Anonymous said...

Also, Malcolm Hebden ( Norris) resembles Ben Stein. Anyone remember Win Ben Stein's Money?

Anonymous said...

Nope. Sorry.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!