Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Coronation Street fan of the week - Anthony from Sheffield

It's time to meet our Coronation Street fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week? 
Find out more here!

Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Anthony Currie and I live in a village near Sheffield.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
My gran used to watch it avidly. I watched it off and on until around the mid-90's when I started watching properly. Maybe it was because that's when I had kids of my own so had started to stay in more!

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Male - Either Roy or Norris. I love Roy's unwavering morals, even when it is to his disadvantage. I like the fact that he's a hobbyist, although I prefer Scalextric to model trains. Norris I like for the opposite reasons. His pomposity and hypocrisy are very entertaining traits, especially when his schemes backfire. 

Female – Tracy. I see many people commenting on the blog how much they hate her, but surely that’s the point? She’s the pantomime villain on the street.

What have been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
No storyline in particular stands out, although I loved Becky and Steve's weddings! My favourite thing about Corrie is the moments rather than the dramas. The writers seem to really enjoy giving the characters great touching or funny lines that often reveal a lot about the characters and make you feel like you 'know' these people.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
That’s a tough one! I’d love to see Emily return from Peru with Spider. He’d be a great addition to the street and would drive Norris mad!

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
My wife and I did the tour (photo above) with our daughter and her friend in 2014. Last year when it became clear that the tour was going to end my wife booked the 2 of us into the Christmas Party which was on a Friday night. It was the same night as my works Xmas do and when I told my boss I was going to Corrie instead he was full of sympathy and made a comment about the sacrifices us men make to keep our ladies happy! Little did he know! It was a fantastic night. I spent most of it sat at the bar in the Rovers drinking beer, eating mini-hotpots, and not believing my luck! You could go through the toilet door and it took you to the knicker factory where there was a disco! A surreal and very memorable night!

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Zagg said...

That tour night really sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing Anthony!

Gilles27 said...

It was a really good night. We had no idea what to expect. The street was open as well and the houses had Xmas decorations up. You could hear Xmas music coming from some of them. I bought a Newton & Ridley coaster from the gift shop and used it as a beer mat when I was propping the bar up all night. The interior set of the Rovers was selling real drinks. No hand pulled beer, just bottles, but that was ok. We hadn't brought much cash and had failed to find an ATM before the tour. Dev's was closed, but luckily the bar accepted card payments. As there were just 2 of us and my wife doesn't really drink I didn't want to do loads of small transactions. I spoke to the barman and paid for 10 bottles of beer so I could just ask for a refill whenever needed. So I can say that I had a tab at the Rovers! At one point a guy came into the Rovers and announced that it was his birthday. He bought half a dozen bottles of prosecco and got a load of glasses. The whole pub sang happy birthday and raised a glass to him. The only thing that was missing was a fight! As I said, it was a great, but surreal night!

Anthony

Zagg said...

OMG! That is AMAZING!! I love that story. How wonderful that you got to experience that.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!