Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 22 April 2016

Roy Cropper to marry Cathy, says The Mirror

There's a story in today's Mirror which says Coronation Street's Roy Cropper will marry Cathy.

Of course, we don't know if it's true. 

Mr Curry Sauce tells the Mirror: “Roy had to deal with the death of Hayley and had very tough and emotional storylines for months so writers felt he needed a happier 2016. He and Cathy have been getting on brilliantly and so she decides to take things to the next level and gets down on one knee.

“It is a bit of a shock to Roy and some of the others on the Street but viewers will be pleased to see him have some happiness back in his life. He is a much-loved Corrie character and although no date has been set, it looks odds-on that this will be another big soap wedding.”

My first reaction was "Eeek!" when I saw this headline, but of course it's exactly right for Roy, I feel. He is the marrying kind and I like Cathy, so if this spoiler turns out to be true, good on them both!

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net

Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

15 comments:

Tvor said...

I agree. Roy should indeed have a happy "ending".

Anonymous said...

i agree Roy deserves happiness ..Hayley would want that ....

C in Canada said...

I agree with you both above that Roy deserves to be happy, and I don't think Hayley would be upset either.
Cathy seems like a good fit for Roy.
The only thing that bothers me is that soap weddings always have a lot of drama and heartache. I hope this won't be the case for Roy.

Anonymous said...

I also hope that Roy's and Cathy's wedding is the exception to the rule of dramatic weddings and just a normal happy one.

Humpty Dumpty said...

There has to be some problem and I guess it might be Alex that they have different views about.

Unknown said...

Wonderful actors, wonderful storyline and wonderful news, if it's true!

Unknown said...

Wonderful actors, wonderful storyline and wonderful news, if it's true!

Adam said...

Yikes. Surprised everyone's in support of this. I don't really buy the Roy-Cathy relationship. Seems very forced to me.

Anonymous said...

"viewers will be pleased to see him have some happiness back in his life" - how kind of The Mirror to not only tell us about up-coming story lines but also how we will react to them. Must have a really great crystal ball (maybe they borrowed it from the wackadoo who posted their testimony above).

Anonymous said...

Still not sure how I feel about Cathy. It does feel forced much of the time. By the way, what about her hoarding??? Did this go away after the fire? One would think that she would have Roy's place packed to the rafters by now.

vintgal003 said...

WOW.....didn't see that one coming this soon....BUT...If true....I am delighted! Really like Cathy and of course love our Roy! I am sure that dear Hayley would approve! Looking forward to the storyline developing!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for Cathy and Roy getting married. I'd like Alex to come live with them. Maybe it turns out that Alex is Nessa's and Cathy's deceased husband's love child....

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the implications are for that scene when Cathy tried to take some of the stuff that Tyrone was getting rid of. Obviously her hoarding tendencies haven't been dealt with sufficiently.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous[21;49]I wondered about that scene too and I'm too sure I like the idea of Roy's neat flat being turned into a hoarding mess because of Cathy.Nor am I keen on Alex who's developing a drinking problee stay with them.Roy has gone through that with Becky and Carla already.

Anonymous said...

I love Roy and Cathy. David Neilson and Melanie Hill are the best actors on the show and I love their partnership on screen. I cannot wait for them to get married.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!