Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 17 May 2019

Meet Coronation Street's new villain


Actor Perry Jaques will make his Corrie debut tonight when he turns up to play a villain who gets into Steve McDonald's cab.

Perry said this about joining Corrie: "It feels great - It’s actually more humbling than anything else. When you see the hard work finally paying off it's a proud moment.

"I remember eating my tea at my nana's house when I was a young lad, she always used to have Corrie on in the background.  Sadly she's not around any more to see it but I would love to see the look on her face if I could tell her now that's what I went on to do with my life.

"I'm sure she’ll be watching from above, with a brew on the go."

Perry was asked to go to the Manchester studios to audition for a role on Coronation Street before meeting with the casting team and director.

He said: "I remember telling myself 'stay focused and make sure they have no choice but to cast you. They didn't keep me waiting as I actually found out the next day, which was unusually quick for these sort of things. I was in a coffee shop when I got the call from my agent. I don't really remember what I said, just lots of swearing out loud."

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't care less about "Steve-All-I-Do-Is-Gurn McDonald".

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!