Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 3 May 2019

Dollynation Street

Now I’m not your typical doll collector but recently I stumbled across “Diva Dollies”. The amazing creations are the work of the talented David Dale who has a catalogue of amazing dolls styled on some of entertainment’s most glamorous, camp and iconic divas. 

I immediately commissioned one of my own and here she is, Bet Lynch herself, alongside a Corrie diva David had already created, Ena Sharples:

                         

The dolls are Barbie sized (how am I going to explain this to my friends?) and dressed in their character's most famous outfits. Here are a few of my favourites from David's collection:                     

JOAN CRAWFORD & BETTE DAVIS
CHER
LILY SAVAGE
 
MARGARET RUTHERFORD

You can find David Dale’s collection on Facebook by searching “Diva Dollies”. There’s a pretty hefty waiting list but David is always looking for new divas to bring to life. Who would your Corrie Dolly Diva be?

DAVID DALE (CENTRE)
David's other talent is drag and he performs up and down the country, as well as overseas. Also look out for David in panto at Christmas time!

Twitter: @StevieDawson







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Very :-)

Louby said...

Love Bet and Ena. I'd love to see a set of iconic Corrie ladies including Deirdre, Liz, Hilda and if course, Elsie.

Anonymous said...

I also loved seeing the doll collection.
At first I thought the title 'Dollynation Street' was a reference to Dolly Rose's character Gemma dominating story lines at the expense of other characters!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!