Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Coronation Street props, costumes and memorabilia to be exhibited in October


I'm making my third annual appearance at Houghton Feast in October. It's an ancient festival in my home town, just outside of Durham, organised by Paul Lanagan of Corrie Art.

As regular readers of the blog will know, I've amassed a large collection of Coronation Street memorabilia, taking in pieces from the former Corrie Tour at Quay Street and Mark Llewellin's old display at the Daisy Nook Garden Centre in Failsworth.

I've got costumes, props, documents and a whole lot more - and I can't wait to be able to show everything again in October. There's even some new pieces that I acquired a couple of months ago alongside some items that I've never ever displayed.

This year, there is a small charge. I must stress that I am making 0% profit from this and it isn't going to fund the collection. This is something I pay for off of my own back and would never ask for donations. The entry fee (£5 for adults, £3 for children and a family ticket for £14) is to go towards the running of Houghton Feast, which year on year is threatened by the lack of council funding. The fee also allows you unlimited access to other events within the venue.

I hope to see you there - see the above poster for more info!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!