Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 25 August 2016

Coronation Street - Pedro Almodóvar style

I'm a huge fan of the work of Pedro Almodóvar, the Spanish film director, screenwriter, producer and former actor.  This week I went to a preview screening of his new film Julieta which I enjoyed a great deal.  

It prompted me to think about an Almodóvar-Coronation Street mash-up blog post... 


Volver.  A woman kills her husband and hides his body in a chest freezer.
Corrie. A woman kills a drug dealer and hides his body in Gail's man-hole.

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown meets Corrie's fellas on the verge of going for a pint.

All About my Mother.  Nothing more to say.

Broken Embraces. A couple take a break by the sea in Lanzarote.
Corrie. A couple take a break by the sea in Blackpool.

High Heels.  An icon emotes.
Ditto Coronation Street.

I'm So Excited meets Mr Gay Weatherfield

Julieta.  Towels at the ready at Audrey's salon for a haircut, please.

The Skin I Live In.  The skin being tiger or leopard print, of course.

There are still a lot of his films that I haven't covered, above. If you have any ideas, let me know!

See also:  
Famous paintings of the world - Coronation Street style
The Sopranos - Weatherfield Style

Mad Men meets Weatherfield

Coronation Street look-a-likes

The Flintstones on Coronation Street

Tales of the (Salford) City

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


NEW!
Coronation Street: The Official Colouring Book
Available to pre-order now!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!

Shells said...

That's cute!

C in Canada said...

I loved this! Well done!

Tvor said...

awesome! Him indoors and I sometimes have had discussions on which character's in Corrie we'd cast in famous movies or tv shows. I must write it down the next time. (i.e. I seem to recall we had a younger Chesney as the child Luke Skywalker or was it the child Anakin? I can't remember!)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!