Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 22 November 2016

Coronation Street fan of the week - Ann in Canada

It's time to meet another Coronation Street fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here!

 
Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Ann Bellefeuille and I'm living in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

How long have you been watching Corrie? I have been watching Corrie since 1984 when I was pregnant with my first child.

Who are your favorite female and male characters- and the reasons why?It's so hard to choose favourite characters from over the years.   I loved Hilda Ogden as she was tough on the outside and so sweet inside.   She was lovely to Eddie Yeats, her border.  She always kept her husband Stan in line as well, but loved him dearly.  I loved so many male characters too such as Jim MacDonald who always wore his Toronto Blue Jays sweatshirt.   I really liked his personality.  He cared a lot for his family but could easily lose his temper.  I also loved Mike Baldwin's character.   He was also no nonsense but inside very caring.  I had the opportunity to meet the actors that portrayed Jim and Mike and they were both very sweet.  

What have been some of your favorite Corrie storylines over the years?
Again there have been so many good storylines over the years.   I loved when Jack Duckworth signed onto a dating site.  Vera got wind and pretended to be someone interested in him.  He approached her from behind as she was at the bar.  She turned around and ran after him hitting him with her bag!  Some of the exciting storylines featuring killers like Richard Hillman ("Norman Bates with a briefcase) or Alan Bradley who tried to kill Rita. The romantic Curly and Raquel storyline was sweet when he named a star after her. 

What would be your fantasy storyline be?My favourite fantasy storyline would have a lot of the old characters come back and retain their qualities- not change their personalities.  Would love to see loveable Eddie Yeats and sweet (not sinister as they make him out to be) Jim MacDonald, and Les Battersby and Becky come back.  

Any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast etc?
I usually go to a British Show in Toronto every year.  I have had the pleasure of meeting many of the cast over the years.  My first meeting was with Helen Worth who plays Gail.  I've also met many more such as Mike Baldwin, Alf Roberts, Les Battersby, Terry Duckworth, Cilla, Kevin Webster, Dev, Rob Donovan, Becky, Sean, Tyrone, Kirk and others.   I thought it was cool when I met Darran Little - one of the writers.  Also meeting Michael Le Vell (Kevin) outside the venue as he was having a cigarette.  He was sweet and posed with us for pics but hid his cigarette for the pic.  Recently met Ryan Thomas (Jason) and he was the SWEETEST actor we had ever met!   He was lovely and genuine. 

I also was fortunate enough to get to tour the 'old' Corrie set last year after they'd moved to the new set.   It was awesome!   It was high on my bucket list and I never thought I'd ever be able to do it!   Learned lots of little secrets about the show.  Very cool!

My friends used to kid me as such a die hard fan.  I once called my friend in Toronto Canada from Florida USA to ask her to set up VHS tape to tape  Corrie as I forgot to set up before I left on vacation!

I love my Coronation Street!

Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here!

 
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Coronation Street: The Official Colouring Book
Available now!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!