Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 26 April 2012

My experience on Lemonaid's Corrie Special

I was lucky enough to feature as part of the Keith Lemon’s Lemonaid Coronation Street Special a couple of weekends ago, and our wonderful editor Flaming Nora suggested I should blog about the experience!

I travelled down to London with a friend, and took part in the episode that was broadcast last Saturday, 21st April. The gorgeous Michelle Keegan (Corrie's Tina McIntyre) was Keith’s ‘Celebrity Helper’, and the episode can be found here if you’d like to see it, it’s well worth a watch. Look out for the Rovers Return scene with a tram-tastic ending!

For those of you that haven’t seen the show before, Keith Lemon solves people’s problems and makes their dreams come true, like a modern-day Jim’ll Fix It! We put an appeal out on the blog to find some budding Corrie fans to also take part in the show, but I had already been selected to appear having previously auditioned, and was delighted to hear it was for the Corrie special.

The problem I had was that I couldn’t tie a tie, and with my university graduation coming up, I needed Keith’s help in solving this issue. I was called out of the audience, and went down to the front to meet Keith and Michelle. They told me Michelle would teach me how to tie a tie over the commercial break, and when we came back, if I could do it, I’d win a ‘tie-related’ prize.

So after returning from the ad break, I was shown a good luck video message from the lovely Davina McCall, and managed to successfully tie a tie thanks to Michelle’s help.

And as for my tie-related prize? I won a week-long holiday for two to Thailand!

Unfortunately, my part of the episode had to be cut from the final edit for time, but it was a brilliant experience to be part of. Michelle Keegan was a pleasure to meet, and I had a great laugh with her on set. And I took away a holiday to Thailand – not bad for a Saturday night’s work!

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook.

4 comments:

Glenda Young said...

Fantastic, thanks for writing this up Craig!

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff! :D

Deborah said...

Fabulous! What an experience, enjoy your trip.

Anonymous said...

Well done you deserve it for all your hard work you put in to entertain us

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!