Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Andrew in Kent

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Coronation Street fan of the week?
Click here to find out more.


Who are you and where are you from?

Andrew Salmon, 25, from Maidstone, Kent

How long have you been watching Corrie?
Since about 2003 - towards the end of Richard Hillman's time on screen.

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why
Female - Would have been Becky, although she's gone now so it would have to be Eileen Grimshaw. She's got everything, she's funny, strong and always on the lookout for her next love interest. I hope she gets her break soon! Male - Roy Cropper / Norris Cole. I can't chose between them! Corrie would not be the same without either of these.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
I really enjoyed Fred Elliot's Thai Bride storyline, also Graeme and Xin's fake marriage to get Xin a visa. The highlight for me has to be evil Tony Gordon's time on the street - not only did he arrange the death of Liam Connor, he even nearly drowned Roy Cropper in the river! And not to forget all of John Stapes storylines either! There's too many to mention!

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
I would like to see David and Kylie's son Max grow up to become one of Corrie's great evil characters - and only Becky can come back and save him!

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
I remember being taken round the set as a child, I would love to be able to look round it again before they move away! I once met Gary Windass on a night out in Manchester, I pretty much begged him to get me on as an extra on Corrie and he said he'd see what he could do - I never heard back! If you know how I could be an extra, even for one episode, you'd be fulfilling one of my life's dreams!

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming from Maidstone I thought Eastenders would be more your bag?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!