Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Why the Rovers fire could be a good thing

When most people hear about a fire in the Rovers Return, they seem to picture it as a bad thing. I, however, think maybe it's just what the place needs.

It's no secret that the Rovers has a dining room and kitchen in Rosamund Street, or that their toilets are in front of the Barlow's television. I think a fire could give the show the perfect excuse to fix those little issues.

The last time the Rovers was ablaze, they used it to knock the bar, the snug and the select into a small bar, making the tiny street corner pub a bit more realistic.

I think they could probably give the Rovers a decent new look too, and hopefully one better than Vernon's attempt at redecorating back in 2008.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

Humpty Dumpty said...

Got to agree, Chewy, and I also think a fire would be a great way to destroy a lot of old wood. PC denied the Rovers would be burnt to the ground, but that could a brilliant double-bluff. I know we're going to have to wade through tiresome episodes of Stella rescuing the drinkers and being awarded a medal from the Fire Service but let's look on the bright side. No pub, no drinkers so no landlady required. I can quite believe PC wanted this as his last story and to go out in literally a blaze of glory. He's been promoted at ITV so he'll be able to give MC a job elsewhere. In the soap, Stella and Karl decide to make a go of it in another town. Hooray! Yes, I think a fire's a very good idea.

Stevie D said...

is it also because the set is ready to move to new studios or is that far into the future?

Janice said...

Yes a fire is a good way of getting rid of dead wood as well dead wooden acting. Certain characters would make excellent kindling (we all know they are).

Unknown said...

I don't imagine Michelle Collins will be going anywhere soon. Like many, the Rover's interior layout annoys me, but I think I have an answer that would involve quite mire changes to the look of the pub that would make it much more realistic. Sad as I am, I have drawn plans of my changes. If I knew how to up-load it here, I would.

Great blog by the way, I'm new here. Keep it coming! Rob

Unknown said...

minor, not mire, lol

bbhilda said...

I hope they put the stained glass partitions between the booths back afterwards, or I am screwed as far as my website logo is concerned!

Anonymous said...

Where are the fireplaces for those chimneys?

Frosty the Snowman said...

In real life if a scruffy back street boozer burnt down it would not be rebuilt but made into flats or sommat else. Perhaps waste of space Karl will save St Ella from the flames thereby making her realise she wants him back after all - bleuch. Whatever I suspect lots of scenes with Stella in her role as Florence Nightingale to come. yet another sensationalist story that leaves Frosty cold.

Chewy said...

@anonymous there is a fireplace at the far end of the pub, near the dartboard

Stephen1972 said...

I would love to see your plans Rob. The layout annoys me but I wouldn't have a clue as how to rectify it. Would be really interesting to see your! :)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!