Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Sally Carman reveals Corrie's Rita as her acting inspiration


There's a good interview in this week's Inside Soap magazine with Sally Carman, who plays Abi Frankin in Coronation Street.

Asked who inspired her to act, Sally reveals that it was Corrie's very own Barbara Knox, who plays Rita.

Sally says: "I told Barbara Knox (aka Rita) this story when I met her - I remember the Rita and Alan Bradley storyline, being quite young and watching this woman perform, and I got goose pimples. I just knew I wanted to do what she did. She mesmerised me - she's an actual living legend and I'm completely in awe of her.  It's a privilege to work alongside her on the same job, I have to pinch myself. I think she's remarkable and she was such a massive influence on me for becoming an actor."

Sally also reveals that she's a qualified reiki therapist and in real life she knows how to fix a car. She's also got a dog called Figgy Pudding and says the thing that most people would be surprised to learn about her is how strong she is. She says: "If you need some boulders moving, I'm your gal!".

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
 


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!