Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 3 December 2017

Victoria Ekaynoye: "I used to pretend I was on Corrie!"


Inside Soap magazine have the first of their two bumper double issues in the shops now.  It's well worth getting. I spent most of yesterday reading mine and finding out what was going to happen in not just the soaps, but the television schedule up to the week before Christmas too.

And in the double edition of the magazine this week, there's a great interview with Victoria Ekanoye, who plays Angie Appleton in Coronation Street.

Victoria says that she's loved Corrie ever since she was a kid. "I used to pretend I was in it," she says. "I love singing and I always used to make everything into a musical, so I'd do these Corrie musicals and make my mum watch. I'd play different roles but would always gravitate towards Bet Lynch, she was iconic."

Victoria also says that her mum is a huge Corrie fan and Mary is her mum's favourite character. Victoria says: "I'm like 'mum, you do know I'm in Corrie too, right?'

It's a good interview as it's all based around questions sent in by fans for Victoria to answer. You can read the full interview in this week's bumper double festive edition of Inside Soap magazine.

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!