Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 31 December 2017

Should auld acquaintance be forgot...?


Our Blogger Stevie Dawson wrote a love letter to Coronation Street this week

When I read it I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. He managed to say everything I am currently feeling about Corrie.

It's a show that I love. It's a show that I grew up watching and it has always been a part of my life, part of my DNA. I watched it with my grandma and my mam when I was little. Grandma loved Elsie Tanner, as did I, while mam wasn't too keen on the tart with a heart, thinking she was setting a bad example to her daughter. Ooh.. she was! 

I've stuck with the show over the years, through thick and thin, as its producers changed at the helm. And in the past I've compared being a die-hard Corrie fan to that of supporting your favourite football team. You might yell at the manager, you might want your favourite player to be called up from the subs bench, but you never lose faith.  You always renew your season ticket... don't you?

2017 was the year when Corrie went to six episodes, a step too far for this fan, with all that it brought in terms of character personality transplants, stories that hop about without build-up giving fans no chance to invest in them, no chance to care. 

I could go on but I won't. I need to get a grip. I've changed, yes of course I have. But so has the show.  Let's see what 2018 brings. 


Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!