Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 25 December 2017

When Michael Crawford was on Coronation Street


In ITV's All Star Musicals which was shown on Christmas Eve, Corrie star Lucy Fallon, who plays Bethany Platt, did a fantastic job of belting out Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. She really was tremendous and deserved her win on the show.

Co-host of the show was Michael Crawford, who revealed to Lucy Fallon that he once auditioned for a role in Coronation Street. He said that he was up for the role of Elsie Tanner's boyfriend (although he didn't mention which one of the many it might have been!).  Sadly, Michael didn't got the role.

But Michael Crawford has appeared on Coronation Street before as an extra in the Rovers Return.


In an interview in 2011 Michael said this: "I was up there promoting my autobiography and I went into the studio and met them all and it was just great. They said would you like to be on the set and I said yes and I got Baldwin to buy me a drink, Mike Baldwin! He's never bought anyone a drink in the whole series so I made a little history there."

Michael also went on to talk about the audition he had at Corrie, saying: "I auditioned for it many years ago and I didn't get the part."

Asked if he would take a role if he was offered one now, he said: "It's too hard work. I love going home at night and I watch the replay. I love Corrie. I love it."

 
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!