Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 14 October 2016

The Element of Surprise

In the last decade or so, it seems every time there has been a big stunt or disaster coming up, we've known every little detail of what is about to happen, the only real exception was the Tram Crash, which did manage to keep a few details under wraps.

Knowing what was to come, made all these events much less exciting, it became less about the shock, and more about seeing something you heard about play out on screen.

Since Kate Oates took over, it seems she has begun changing this. While we did know that Kylie was going to be killed off a week or two before it happened, we had no idea how, and everybody began speculating on how. It made watching the show much more suspenseful.

Next week seems to be taking this one step further, we know David is planning something, we know the general outline of his plans, most of the small details that had been revealed to the press, were actually hinted at in the show itself. We have no idea what will happen, who it will involve (other than David) and where it actually happens.

I hope Coronation Street keep this up, as not knowing what happens next makes watching the show a lot more enjoyable!
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


NEW!
Coronation Street: The Official Colouring Book
Available now!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree. This is definitely a case of less is more

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it, but Ozzy dying was a complete surprise for me. Even though there were hints left by other viewers I just thought they were joking. I think I cried more about Ozzy than I did anybody else on the street. Now that I didn't see coming.
So you are right - keep us guessing - sometimes it really is the best part.

Anonymous said...

Totally unrelated I know, but I've just read on the Manchester Evening News website that Jean Alexander has passed away. So sad

Cobblestone said...

Absolutely agree; I do enjoy a few teasers, but love not knowing what's going to happen. I'd read all of the George Martin 'Game of Thrones' novels before the series, but absolutely watching the last couple of seasons as I had no idea what was coming. Much better!

Anonymous said...

I just read my TV listings magazine, it tells you all about David's plan and as Les Dennis is leaving you can guess the consequences.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!