Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 14 October 2016

Simon Gregson gave dead hamster kiss of life

Now here's a headline I couldn't resist from the Manchester Evening News.  Simon Gregson once gave a dead hamster the kiss of life after he accidentally killed it.

Yes, there you go. The actor, who plays Steve McDonald in Coronation Street, told about the bizarre incident while guest presenting Key 103 with co-star Kym Marsh (Michelle McDonald).

Simon told of his shock at discovering the dead hamster after he inadvertently left it within reach of his dogs. After leaving the cage on the floor after cleaning it he believes that his dogs Cookie, who plays his dog Rover in Corrie, and Lucy the Yorkshire Terrier “tore the cage apart”, causing the hamster to have a heart attack.

Speaking on the Key 103 breakfast show, Simon said: “I was an accessory to murder. Fluffy the hamster is dead. I left the cage on the floor as I was cleaning up and the dogs came in and killed it. I was cleaning the hamster cage and cleaning the area of that house where the hamster resided and inadvertently left the cage on the floor. I left the cage closed, everything done, on the floor.

"The dogs got into that part of the house tore cage apart and I think it probably died of a heart attack, there were no puncture wounds. It was quite wet so Cookie, aka Rover, I think tried to lick it back to life and then I tried to give it the kiss of life so possibly could have burst its lungs, I don’t know.”

Aw, bless.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


NEW!
Coronation Street: The Official Colouring Book
Available now!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to the show this morning and I must say that Kym and Simon make a great double act together

Anonymous said...

I have to say that the character of Steve McDonald and sometimes Simon Gregson himself, doesn't have much luck on his side. Last time that he hurt his arm wasn't that from falling off his son's tricycle?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!