Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 10 September 2016

Paul Loughran on playing Craig's dad in Coronation Street

Craig's dad Darryl will arrive on Coronation Street.  He's played by ex-Emmerdale actor Paul Loughran and he's interviewed at What's on TV today.

Paul says that Darryl isn't the best-intentioned human being.

He says: "He is ambiguous. I think he is genuinely pleased to see Craig, but his own needs supersede anything. He has a long history of criminality and asks Craig to smuggle drugs into prison for him."

Talking about his role on Coronation Street, Paul says: "I hope there is more to come from Darryl. It was reassuringly familiar being at Corrie. I was over the moon about the role, as I have always loved the show. I grew up with it and one of my first jobs out of drama school was to play a policeman in Coronation Street. I did some scenes with Bill Tarmey and Liz Dawn who played Jack and Vera Duckworth.

“This time round I really enjoyed working with Colson Smith who plays Craig and everybody was so welcoming. At one point, Barbara Knox who plays Rita came up to me and asked me if I was OK and whether or not I knew where to get a cup of tea. They were an exceptionally nice bunch of people.”

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


NEW!
Coronation Street: The Official Colouring Book
Available to pre-order now!



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog

All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!