Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 2 February 2013

Natalie Gumede - from Corrie's crazy Kirsty to comedy?

Natalie Gumede, who plays crazy Kirsty Soames on Coronation Street, was interviewed this week in OK magazine and joked about what she'd like to do when she leaves the cobbles.

Because leave she surely must as all Corrie villains get their comeuppance, even if they're let out of jail early after being sent down for 15 years for manslaughter. Yes, I'm talking about you, Tracy Barlow.

Anyway, in OK magazine, Natalie says this about playing Kirsty: "The place I have to go to emotionally is ugly. It’s great to be challenged as an actor, but it’s daunting because unless you’ve been in a situation like Tyrone and Kirsty or you know someone who has, it’s so hard to comprehend.

“I’ve been so blessed to be given the chance to play such a challenging character and work with such great actors.

“It’s so different to anything I’ve done before, but I think I’d like to do a comedy next!”

Whatever Natalie does next after leaving Coronation Street, we wish her all the very best and know she's going to shine in whatever she does.

You can follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog and Facebook: CoronationStreetBlog

Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

Humpty Dumpty said...

This story could so easily have been a disaster but, ignoring the entirely unnecessary affair,it's been excellent. Natalie has been the star, no doubt about that. Can you imagine how it would have been if played by a certain panto villain on the show, grinning and gurning to the camera? Good luck to Natalie when she leaves and I'm certain we're going to be seeing a lot of her in the future.

Frosty the Snowman said...

I think Nathalie has been excellent and its a pity she cant stay. When you find a great actor they should be kept and those not so great - Fizz? should be let go after a certain amount of time.

Stacey James said...

Natalie has definitely carried the storyline. She is truly a brilliant actress and I'll be sorry to see her leave Corrie. They've been lucky to have her!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of this actress I hope we will see her in the near future in a lighter character - she has done a wonderful job scaring one and all and perhaps some comedy will win back some viewers. I hope after each difficult story is shot she and the rest of the crew have a joke around.

Tyrone Dobbs said...

Yeah, you are all taking her side as well. This hasn't been great for me y'know! And I can't see my little Ruby again and may end up in prison!

Soap Opera Saga said...

Great Actress, but I can't take much more of this story line. I get so emotional every time she does something evil.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!