I was lucky enough to feature as part of the Keith Lemon’s Lemonaid Coronation Street Special a couple of weekends ago, and our wonderful editor Flaming Nora suggested I should blog about the experience!
I travelled down to London with a friend, and took part in the episode that was broadcast last Saturday, 21st April. The gorgeous Michelle Keegan (Corrie's Tina McIntyre) was Keith’s ‘Celebrity Helper’, and the episode can be found here if you’d like to see it, it’s well worth a watch. Look out for the Rovers Return scene with a tram-tastic ending!
For those of you that haven’t seen the show before, Keith Lemon solves people’s problems and makes their dreams come true, like a modern-day Jim’ll Fix It! We put an appeal out on the blog to find some budding Corrie fans to also take part in the show, but I had already been selected to appear having previously auditioned, and was delighted to hear it was for the Corrie special.
The problem I had was that I couldn’t tie a tie, and with my university graduation coming up, I needed Keith’s help in solving this issue. I was called out of the audience, and went down to the front to meet Keith and Michelle. They told me Michelle would teach me how to tie a tie over the commercial break, and when we came back, if I could do it, I’d win a ‘tie-related’ prize.
So after returning from the ad break, I was shown a good luck video message from the lovely Davina McCall, and managed to successfully tie a tie thanks to Michelle’s help.
And as for my tie-related prize? I won a week-long holiday for two to Thailand!
Unfortunately, my part of the episode had to be cut from the final edit for time, but it was a brilliant experience to be part of. Michelle Keegan was a pleasure to meet, and I had a great laugh with her on set. And I took away a holiday to Thailand – not bad for a Saturday night’s work!
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook.
Thursday, 26 April 2012
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
Tuesday 22nd September 2026 TIM AND SALLY WONDER IF THEY’VE TAKEN ON TOO MUCH Sally looks at Lucy’s art project and is concerned to see a pi...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Roy's teacups now have cameras in the bottom of them for Bernie and Christina to peer into to read their futures in the tea-leaves. Go...
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...

