Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 30 January 2011

Stuffed marrow, anyone?


Anyone wondering what to cook for Sunday lunch? Perhaps you should consider following Deirdre Barlow's example, and stuff a marrow.
Marrows are out of season at the moment, but that doesn't seem to deter our Deirdre. If only we knew which recipe she uses. Apparently, it's so good, that Tracy-luv wrote to her from jail saying how much she missed it. I'm certain it could become a classic, just like Betty's Hotpot.
Here's an alternative recipe from Anthony Worral Thompson, which I found online, in case anyone's tempted to have a crack at it.
My new blog is here

6 comments:

Blackie Bird said...

Who said they are out of season, I picked one up at my local Waitrose only a couple of weeks ago, and I love stuffed marrow. Perhaps you could publish Diedre's receipe, I do mine with beef mince and alternatively cottage cheese for my daughter who is always on a diet.

Sea Penguin said...

I'm sorry I don't know Deirdre's recipe, it doesn't seem to be available. I also like a stuffed marrow, and grow them in the summer. I guess you can get them in supermarkets anytime as you say.

Apple Cobbler said...

Feel really bad now cos I've never had stuffed marrow :( sounds delicious though! Wouldn't Deirdre make a great Rovers landlady? Feisty, opinionated and with a heart of gold...

Beth said...

Ohhh Nooooo to Deidre as the Rovers landlady. Couldn't think of anything worse. She's horrible and annoying at the moment. The way she protects Tracy KNOWING exactly that she killed Charlie Stubbs and making her out like a 'poor little lamb'
Ughh to Deidre, she's nothing like she used to be. I don't know how Ken puts up with her!

Anonymous said...

Have never tasted or made stuffed marrow! When Deirdre's mentioned it, I've always thought, hmm, sounds not very tasty. But, AWT's recipe sounds fabulous; I'll have to try it!

Clinkers (David) said...

I suppose it beats Deirdre's last culrinary effort, the legendary chicken pie with ready salted crisps . . .

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!