Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 25 January 2011

'Orrible Owen Armstrong

Oooh, how nasty was 'Orrible Owen last night to Our Eileen (Saint of this Parish)? Very nasty! Creepy, threatening, just on the cusp of violence.... Amazing! I loved it.

We've seen Owen being violent before, especially when it concerns his two daughters Katy and Izzy. I'm not sure he would ever actually hit a woman - he seems that type - but he was certainly close to hitting Eileen last night when he worked out that she'd banked his £10,000 cheque from Carla. He left her in tears, fearing for her life probably. What a creep.

I'm by no means condoning what Eileen has done, by the way. Fraud is fraud, and what Owen should have done is call the police, but it's a soap, so he won't. She did a criminal thing, but I think the writers have been good in showing us how she's got so desperate so as to sink so low. She's usually a very moral person, and I think this is only a blip on her record... Just a very big blip.

I love both Katy and Izzy and would like to see them stick around. I can see Katy and Ches becoming the new Molly'n'Tyrone, only without the annoying bits, and I adore Izzy and how she's always sarcastic but also warm and funny. Owen though I'm not keen on, I'd love for him to go down for doing something 'orrible to Our Eileen.

I wonder what happened to Mama Armstrong? Judging by Owen last night, he probably bludgeoned her to death and buried her under the patio a la Brookside.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly can't understand people's liking of Eileen, she's totally wooden and one of the most annoying characters on the street! She was interesting for a while when she was a comic foil for Steve in the cab office but those days are long gone and what remains is a very dull character poorly portrayed by Sue Cleaver.

mister_tmg said...

Sue Cleaver's very good IMO. Nice for her to have a storyline, just wish it wasn't such an unpleasant one!

I think Corrie has too many sinister characters at the moment, gives it a nasty feel. Owen, Chris, Tracy, Kylie, John... I know it's meant to reflect real life and not just be sweetness and light, but surely all these are a bit much.

Clare said...

Owen is a nasty piece of work int he! I too love Eileen but she wasn't hald daft, course he'd figure out what she'd done.

Pickledjo said...

How scary was Owen last night.
Great performances from both of them!!!

I loooove Eileen!!!! Leave her alone!

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

Eileen can be nice, but she can also be nasty, she's quick to turn on people. Owen, awful man! Would love Katy and Izzy (especially) to stick around.

Looney Baloon said...

I have never been a fan of Eileen, she only has two expressions and she is either sneering or moaning. I think she should have been written out ages ago and how was she "desperate"? She seems to have had her interior redecorated, she is always in the Rovers and she shouldnt let her dozy son's girlfriends live in rent free. Hardly desperate, she is just a thief who thought she could get away with it. She could get 18 months.

Dilly Daydream said...

I agree with Anonymous & Looney Baloon.

Eileen is probably the worst character played by a very mediocre actress.

And why couldn't she have just written her own cheque out for the £10K & paid it into Owen's account? The original cheque would've cleared by the time hers went through. Easy peasy!

Josh said...

What do people expect him to do, just sit back and accept that an employee has stolen 10 thousand from him? I think leaving someone in tears is much less egregious than stealing that many notes. And also, saying she was fearful of death is a complete exaggeration. I think Owen was rather lenient on Eileen, actually. I won;t reveal much online, but someone betrayed me similar to Eileen, and I sought revenge much more 'horribly' than Owen, who really just played the mind games. Slightly incongruous: someone steals 10 thousand, and the victim is somehow the villain. Delusional idiots.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!