Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 20 January 2011

Where have you seen Anna & Eddie's social worker before?

I apologise for the tininess of this picture but it's the best one I can find. I knew that Hilary, Anna & Eddie's social worker, looked familiar to me, but I couldn't figure out where I knew here from. Last night my friend V texted "OMG! The Corrie one from Queer As Folk is in Corrie!"

Ahhh yes! Hilary is played by Caroline Pegg, who played the Coronation Street-obsessed Rosalie Cotter in Queer As Folk (the UK version), who also had a crush on main character Vince (who was played by Craig Kelly, who played the much-missed Luke Strong on Corrie). Rosalie worked in the Asda where Vince was a manager, and he was set up on a date with her, she (and the other girls) not realising he was gay. They discovered they had quite a lot in common, including a love of Coronation Street. I think Vince even said he was taping it because he wasn't at home to watch it, and Rosalie definitely said something about how her mum complained that it was just full young people these days but "that's not true! Last night it was all Rita and Emily!"

Unfortunately it couldn't work out for Rosalie and Vince, and the ever-meddling Stuart outed Vince to her. He probably thought he was doing her a favour, though.

I hope that Caroline Pegg is as into Corrie as her alter-ego and is enjoying her time on the Street!

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!