Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 21 January 2011

Is John Stape finally heading for psychiatric care?


Spoiler alert. I see from next week's TV mags that John Stape finally cracks under the strain of being Weatherfield's answer to the Grim Reaper, and ends up being admitted to a psychiatric unit under Section.
It's an interesting turn of events. I'll be watching closely to see how Coronation Street deals with this. I'm thinking it could be a positive way forward for the Stape character. Perhaps if he gets some help to unravel the gruesome web he's woven for himself, he can be redeemed. The other scenario would see him being sent to a secure unit via the courts, and possibly, though not necessarily, leaving the Street. I do hope it's the former. Goodness only knows how Graeme Hawley feels, but personally I'd love to see him stay in Coronation Street for a very long time.
My own blog is here

7 comments:

Dolly Tubb said...

I have really loved the black humour of the Stapewick saga and I think Graeme Hawley has been a class act throughout. I love his air of an Innocent in Disasterworld throughout all this, and to be honest, he hasn't done wrong really, has he? (Although I am still trying to justify how hitting someone in the back of the head with a hammer can be considered just an unfortunate accident.) Ihope John Stape can stay in the Street - after all, more amazing, completely implausible, highly improbable things are not without precendent on the Cobbles!!

Blackie Bird said...

But he only wanted to teach!! LOL. I like the character of Stape and think Graeme Hawley portrays him very well, lets hope he stays in Corrie for some time to come.

David the Wavid said...

It's been a fun ride but the storyline has to end with John's exit IMO. He can't ever have a normal life in the street.

brouwer said...

Although I agree Graeme Hawley acts very well,
I am fed-up with the long story line.
Most story lines are stretch to the limit.
Please can they end sooner, with a satifactory ending?
brouwer.

maggie muggins said...

This has been handled better lately. Especially when Charlotte entered the picture. But I never could take Stape doing "normal" and eventually being accepted by everyone after the Rosie kidnapping. But this has to end. He has too many violent secrets which, if neighbors knew the full extent of, would have him reported to the law for justice to be done.

There have bee some juicy, darkly comedic moments along the way - but letting an old woman die like that - it's getting to be too much. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Apple Cobbler said...

ODE TO JOHN STAPE

From an eccentric teacher at a school
To a murderer who's also a bit of a fool
John first appeared when he slept with Rosie
Who admittedly is a little bit dozy
Went to jail for locking her in an attic
There's no denying he's very pyschotic
But Fiz can't see that and the pair got wed
John's always been a bit mad in the head
This "killer" can't hold a candle to Hilman
And if I was a scriptwriter, I'd kill the man!

veganaxos said...

David the Wavid, I'm really trying to find you! This is the most recent comment of yours I can find, so if you're reading this, please email me at smithr@math.mcmaster.ca I'm putting together a book of Doctor Who reviews and I really want to use one of yours, but you're a hard man to track down.

(If anyone else knows how to contact him, please let me know.)

- Robert Smith?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!