Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Looking forward to Dennis Tanner's Corrie return
I'm just chuffed to little mint balls that Dennis Tanner is going to make a comeback!
I wasn't watching Coronation Street back then but I've read lots of the books and seen plenty of video specials and episodes on tape. I just love it when Corrie gives a nod to its history, whether in dialogue or bringing an old character back, even if just for a little while.
This photo is a screen capture from The Stars of Coronation Street, one of the specials that was aired around the 50th anniversary. It is Rita Littlewood's very first scene as a friend of Dennis Tanner. She was an exotic dancer then. How young was Barbara Knox? (She was Barbara Mullaney then)! I do hope they make sure to have a scene between the two as old aquaintances in addition to interaction with Ken and Emily who would have known Dennis best. I'm hoping he will bring news of Elsie. I'd like to think she had a happy ending when she went off to Portugal even if she's now passed on.
But it doesn't really matter what the premise is. It's a nod back to Corrie's past and I'm another one looking forward to it!
Labels:
classic corrie,
Dennis Tanner
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...