Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 8 January 2011

Corrie's new double act

Anyone loving the Gail-David double act? Once upon a time, they shared the most angst filled storylines. But then Demon David transformed into Sarcastic David, and Gail the receptionist became Gail the jobless. I just love the relationship they now both have.

One of my favourite lines came last night, when they were both in the Salon discussing Becky's arrest, David said "I thought she [Gail] did it" and Gail told Audrey "I thought he did it!" - I just burst into laughter. I hope the writers continue down this path.

7 comments:

mister_tmg said...

I love it too... "ham watch" on Xmas Eve LOL.

Frosty the Snowman said...

Hm I like David but I dont like the character of Gail as she is pretty vile and I wish she would stop blinking blinking! What is she living on by the way, she lost her job but still spends time swigging wine in the Rovers and hasnt mentioned claiming benfits. If only it was as easy in "real" life.

Cobblestone said...

Yes, I like the new, tougher, more street-smart Gail. The giving each other an alibi thing just in case, and Gail having checked the tv schedules in the TV Times really showed a new facet to her. Looks like prison taught her something.

John M said...

I quite like the David/Gail relationship now, very amusing, not sure about David's new hairstyle though. I do agree with Frosty about Gail's current financial income. Gail is jobless, I'm sure the money David gets wouldn't buy the weekly shop and Nick works in the bookies! Maybe Gail is "signing-on"???

Tvor said...

Verly likely Gail has signed on for the dole, or Job Seeker's Allowance though she's not looking for a job very hard.

Anonymous said...

Gail probably has had a few insurance payouts from ex husbands maybe?

Anonymous said...

I was in tears of laughter at that bit! :D

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!