Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 23 January 2011

Jennie McAlpine on being on-screen mum to baby Hope

There's a wonderful interview with Jennie McAlpine, who plays Coronation Street's Fiz Stape, in the Daily Record today. Jennie talks about playing an on-screen mum to baby Hope in Corrie and reveals that John's going to confess all and have a breakdown.

The paper calls John Stape, The Mr Bean of serial killers, which made me chuckle, as did this quote by Jennie about working with a baby on set. She says: "We are getting a real baby and I'm looking forward to it. People have told me not to work with a baby but I've worked with a massive dog for years and the baby will be nothing compared to that. Not that the dog's any trouble but trying to manoeuvre a six-foot-long, 17-stone Great Dane to do anything other than what it wants to do is quite difficult. So a baby will be easy-peasy."

5 comments:

Apple Cobbler said...

"The Mr Bean of serial killers."

Indeed, and although I like Jenine as an actress Fiz is a really annoying, whiny character. She has about as much personality and depth as Mr Bean's teddy.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Apple Cobbler. I really feel that Fiz has run her course on Corrie. Despite being a main characer in a big storyline, she has had such little impact in the unravelling of the plot. She is just so passive and dull these days. Of course it's realistic that she's focused on being a mum, but she was a doormat to John way before she got pregnant. When John goes (he must have an expiry date?), I hope they write her out too.

Anonymous said...

I hope Fiz get's a re-awakening and comes back to being the feisty character she was. I agree with above that she changed into a doormat, which was, IMHO, a shame and obviously a vehicle only for Stape's character/plot.

Sea Penguin said...

I really like Fiz - she's one of my favourites.

maggie muggins said...

Fiz is one of my faves too. and there's no reason why she has to turn into a worrying mother after Stape gets dispatched to wherever he's going, even if it's a short stay under psychiatric care.

It's not realistic that the character, who used to have a big creative streak and feistiness should turn dull as dishwater. Hear that writers?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!