Breaking news just in from the official Coronation Street website is that Craig Gazey, who plays Graeme Proctor, is leaving Corrie this summer.
Craig said the decision to leave the Street wasn't easy. He said: "When I first joined the cast I had no idea just how much I would enjoy being part of such an amazing team. But I became an actor for the diversity of work and the opportunity to play different roles, I also really miss working in theatre. I feel this is the right time for me to leave after two and a half fantastic years playing a unique and brilliantly written character. I don’t know what the future holds but I hope I will be given the opportunity to show my versatility as an actor and work on different projects."
Corrie producer Phil Collinson said: "Craig very quickly created a brilliant and memorable character and we are very sad to see him go. But we wish him well and all hope this isn’t the last we see of Graeme."
Read our exclusive interview with Craig Gazey
Thursday, 6 January 2011
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
Friday 2nd October 2026 CHRISTINA SEES THE DAUGHTER SHE NEVER HAD Sally and Lucy call at the undertakers to order Rachel’s plaque. Sally pr...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
