Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 28 August 2017

Who's your current favourite Coronation Street kid?


For a bit of fun this week in the run up to the Bank Holiday weekend, we're going to be asking every day this week who our current favourite characters are.  Today it's the turn of the Corrie kid!

So, who is your current, favourite Coronation Street child character?

For this fan, it's got to be Amy Barlow. Whether she's channelling her grandma Blanche or being ping-ponged between Steve and Tracy, she's never in a bad scene or story. If Steve and Tracy do get back together - and I'm crossing my fingers that they don't - then it'll be interesting to see what young Amy has to say about it all.

But never mind me. If YOU had to choose just one Corrie kid from the show at the moment, as your absolute favourite, who would it be?

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

13 comments:

Humpty Dumpty said...

With Corrie kids, you can't separate the character from the actor. The actors have to be naturally talented and given some great writing. Simon was always my favourite Corrie kid until the writers turned him into an infantile teenager. Amy is my favourite character at the moment. Great delivery from the actor and spot on dialogue.

Anonymous said...

No spark there for me. Amy is a one dimensional character, it doesn't help that the actor delivers all her lines in the same way.

C in Canada said...

Yeah, Amy WOULD be great if her lines weren't' all monotone.

I'm on team Simon.

Anonymous said...

Jeanie (anon):

Craig, undoubtedly. He came in as a taciturn kid with a rat and grew from there. Faye as well; not so crazy about some of her storyline but the actress has always played the character really well, especially in her early days with Anna and Eddie and Anna and Owen. She conveys a lot of pain and vulnerability. Like some others (above) I have never seen the appeal of Amy and flinched through a lot of her scenes. The actress is so-so and her stilted delivery is made even worse by some of the lines she has been given-- put-downs, observations, and comebacks that a girl her age would never say. If the writers must have precocious, Summer does it more authentically.

Unknown said...

If you're talking about younger kids, I have to go with Amy, with the teens, Craig.

Tvor said...

I like Amy, too. I suspect I will also really like Summer once she's had more to do.

Anonymous said...

I would say Craig. I love the way he has grown into a fine young man. If we are talking about the younger kids, I really like Summer. I think she's feisty and can put Amy in her place. I also like the way she is bringing out the softer side of Todd. I hope they put a bit more focus on her.

Beth said...

The new Hope. What a natural and cracking little actress. She's even brought a spark of life into Ruby. Together they could get up to lots of funny mischief.

Tilly Flop said...

Nooo. I feel she's trying too hard and is being false. Maybe if she was more herself, she'd be more likeable. I'll give her time to settle in and grow up a bit though

Newfy Pearl said...

I would say Amy hands down.
Also, it is refreshing to have a little Hope that actually talks. I love how Ruby hugs into her when they are together. I love that little duo. :-)

coconno196 said...

I love little Lily. She doesn't get to say much because of her age, but I find her convincing and really cute. Of the older ones, Craig and Summer (in spite of the unlikely name outside of California. ..). I've liked Amy a lot in the past but fear the SWs are now making her too much like Tracy. New Hope shows promise but she should be a redhead. John Stape was quite fair, so he and Fiz producing a brunette daughter takes some believing.

popcorn said...

@Anon 3:10 (Jeanie) I taught secondary school for 34 years, and can assure you that there are many precocious young ladies JUST like Amy!

abbyk said...

If teens count, then Bethany is my favorite. If not, then maybe Max -- he doesn't get much but he comes across as a nice boy despite having been through so much.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!