Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Who's your current favourite Coronation Street woman?


For a bit of fun this week in the run up to the Bank Holiday weekend, we're going to be askingevery day this week who our current favourite characters are.  Today we're starting with the women - of course!

So, who is your current, favourite Coronation Street woman?

For this fan, it's Rita. She's my all-time favourite Coronation Street female character and I just hope that the memory loss storyline isn't dementia, that it's something else instead.

But never mind me. If YOU had to choose just one female character who is in the show at the moment, as your absolute favourite, who would it be?

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, with Audrey and Rita not far behind.

Anonymous said...

Mary - without a doubt. The programme lights up when she comes on.

Tvor said...

Sally I think, but Gail's a close second

Ruth owen said...

Mary for me with Audrey second.

Anonymous said...

Sarah. Got great potential coming here way ��

Anonymous said...

Liz and Mary my second favourite.

Anonymous said...

Shona Ramsey

Flo said...

Mary and then Leanne. There's just something about Mary! ;)

Louby said...

Liz for me too. She's been around long enough to qualify as a Corrie legend in my opinion. Her scenes with Steve have been brilliant since Michelle left. I'd love to see her with a new fella, but not one like Tony who will break her heart please.

popcorn said...

Leanne, who is a kind of modern-day everywoman, with Rita and Liz closely behind.

Unknown said...

It's always been Rita.

Anonymous said...

Shóna is flipping brilliant! I also adore Toyah but we need more of her

Canuck Brian said...

My favourite, even though I'm fond of all the ladies, is Mary. She is kind, thoughtful, and an amazing friend. She brings smiles whenever she appears.

dhvinyl said...

For acting ability alone, it has to be Mary

Anonymous said...

Mary overacts too much. Much prefer Liz or Gail.

Beth said...

Mary followed closely by Leanne and Liz

Rebecca said...

I have a tie -- Mary (and her shapely lobes. Ha!) And Liz who I agree has been around long enough to qualify as an icon.

Diane said...

Mary, Eva and since shes coming back... Carla!

Anonymous said...

I love Mary, she is so funny. I also like Eva right now, Aiden and Maria deserve whatever they get. I really wish that Michelle would leave. She is one character I just can't stand.

70sStreetFan said...

Audrey. If she ever gets a storyline...

njblas said...

Mary. And I'd love to see Audrey feature in a storyline....

Unknown said...

Rita for me

maggie muggins said...

Liz, Rita, then Mary.

abbyk said...

I think it's Liz. We've seen a lot of new sides to her since they lost the Rovers. Leanne and (gulp) Mary are close behind. (Glad they didn't listen to my year of complaints about Mary's cartoonish ravings)

Anonymous said...

Rita for me - a Corrie stalwart since I first started watching it in the 1970s.

I just wish the writers would give her more screen time.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!