Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 18 August 2017

Sally Dynevor on Corrie's Sally: "I’m getting so like her, it’s awful"


Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Metcalfe in Coronation Street, has been telling Radio Times why she wouldn't vote for Corrie's Sally when she runs for Mayor of Weatherfield.

Yes, you read that right! Sally is going to make a bid to become Mayor of Weatherfield - you can read more on that here. 

Asked by RadioTimes.com whether she herself would vote for her on-screen character, Sally Dynevor said: “No, she’s too Margaret Thatcher. I’d have to decline.” And a bit Theresa May too? “Yes. And that’s another reason why I wouldn’t vote for her!”

Speaking about whether she becomes more like Sally the longer she plays her, Sally Dynevor said: “I’m getting so like her, it’s awful. I’m morphing into her. I even have a husband called Tim [Emmerdale scriptwriter Tim Dynevor].

“I can be making a phone call to, say, a decorator and I’ll say, ‘I won’t be there but Tim will be’ and I’ll hear a little snigger on the other end of the line. I wouldn’t wear her clothes though – if I go to a photoshoot and there’s anything resembling Sally, I want to cry.”

She goes on to say: “I feel that Coronation Street is the only programme on TV that is so women-focused. The men are useless – just look at Tim. You couldn’t ask him for help with anything! And having a woman producer is good in that you do get much stronger female characters coming through. For me, I’ve been able to portray Sally in a more three-dimensional way and show her vulnerability.”

Read the full interview here.


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!