Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 26 August 2017

5 Things We Learned In Corrie This Week

Some big stuff happened on Coronation Street this week.  Marriages of convenience and long lost sons and babies on a bus.  In amongst all that, however, some smaller details grabbed my attention.  Such as...


1. There needs to be a spin-off for Liz McDonald: Girl Detective.  Coming soon to ITV - six one hour episodes, as the plucky former landlady uses her honey trap skills to unearth rogues and con-artists across the North.  Could be the new Broadchurch.



2. Apparently Weatherfield Young Offender's Institute has its own day spa.  That's the only explanation I can think of for Clayton's deep tan despite being locked up for nearly a year.  Maybe Nathan is doing community service there?



3. Corrie's reading materials continue to fascinate.  Following in the footsteps of the legendary moxy!, this week we got copies of Sultry and Cheshire Haven.  Where can I subscribe?


4.  The whole point of a tie is to keep you erect.  Thank you for this pearl of wisdom, Norris.  I'll think of you next time I'm pulling my knot tight.


5. my name is andy carver and pat phelan has me hostage my name is andy carver and pat phelan has me hostage my name is andy carver and pat phelan has me hostage my name is andy carver and pat phelan has me hostage my name is andy carver and pat phelan has me hostage my name is andy carver and pat phelan has me hostage 

By @merseytart



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

make that 6 things.
Mary did look beautiful in her wedding finery. she should wear her hair loose more often.
And the way she finally got to tell her son & daughter-in-law the truth. if it hadn't been for Gemma gobbing off, we'd be waiting forever. So that really is 7 things... Corrie weddings tend to open a box of surprises - can't wait for Johnny and Bridezilla Jennys nuptuals - its got the potential to be potently explosive!
ok, 8 things - David & Shona, but not for any reason other than 'just shut up David and listen!' yup, most rows end up with clothes strewn across the floor... riiiiight... which brings me back to Johnny & Jenny... and at that point, I walk away from this because I want the start of this bank holiday weekend to be too filled with 'soap'.

Louby said...

I also laughed at Clayton's tan! Also at how old he looks for a "young" offender.

I think we have to conclude that Mary and Norris are rubbish at maths, as the cost of all the wedding items must have been much more than a flight ticket to south Africa!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!