Sunday, 24 July 2016
Corrie weekly awards for July 18 - 22
Lockdown award: David can't face Max's grief, and he has to keep his own tightly locked down so he can deal with both telling Sarah, which he avoided as long as he could, and viewing his wife's body.
Musical chairs award: Parcels and casserole dishes kept getting delivered/returned to the wrong places.
Fashionista award: Alya looks great in that blue and yellow wrap.
Blame Shifting award: Sally never thought about any of her guests possibly being vegetarian until Tim make a remark in passing so she's blaming him for ruining everything!
Throwback award: Yay, there was a reference to the old but honourable Weatherfield Association of Retail Traders (WARTS!)! Sally also mentioned when she lived with Hilda Ogden!
Guessing Game award: Leanne's baby daddy reveal. She's on the street, watching Nick, Robert and Zeedan entering the pub. Then we see her outside the pub calling "daddy" but no, it wasn't Robert after all. It was Steve!
Yasmeen's Orangerie kicks the stuffing out of Sally's conservatory. Very nice!
Lines of the week:
Audrey "How do you bear it?" Yasmeen "I don't. I just carry on. And so will you"
Gemma "Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do"
Sally "Rosie has a flat on King's Road! Strictly speaking entre nous, it's King's Road, Nunhead"
Sally "I'm not sure about tomorrow. I think I'm coming down with something" Tim "What's that? Hypochondria?"
Steve "I can't find me wedding ring!" Liz "Where do you think you put it?" Steve "Well if I knew that, I wouldn't be spring cleaning this place!"
Max "D'you think I'll always remember my mum?" (and hearts break all over the country)
Sally "The Mayor and his partner. I'll have to take my nibbles up a notch!"
Mary to Dev "Whilst I'm flattered, you're no Brendan!"
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net
Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License
Labels:
newsnow,
weekly awards
You might also like...
-
Friday 2nd October 2026 CHRISTINA SEES THE DAUGHTER SHE NEVER HAD Sally and Lucy call at the undertakers to order Rachel’s plaque. Sally pr...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Good evening. Doug (Steve Evets, best known probably for his long term role in Brassic) provided a class performance this evening. We know...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...


