Coronation Street actress Paula Lane, who plays Kylie Platt, is getting into training for the London Marathon in June. Paula will be running for charity with her fiance Tom Shaw. There's a pic of Paula in today's Daily Star where they've done her up as a boxer.
Paula said: “I’ve always
enjoyed running so when I heard that Henshaws, a charity for blind
children, were looking for people to raise money by doing the London
Marathon I was straight on the phone.They kept asking me if I was sure I could do it. I didn’t
really think but I’ve spent the last six months doing a mixture of
training to get me ready. I can honestly say I’ve given it my all so
I’m not going into it under-prepared. I’m more than up for the
challenge."
Paula also talked about her on-screen Corrie character and said that Kylie and David's marriage collapses after Audrey has a heart attack in the war of the salon.
To help Paula’s marathon charity go to justgiving.com/paula-lane.
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Sunday, 15 April 2012
You might also like...
-
Friday 2nd October 2026 CHRISTINA SEES THE DAUGHTER SHE NEVER HAD Sally and Lucy call at the undertakers to order Rachel’s plaque. Sally pr...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Monday 28th September 2026 WILL DEBBIE THROW CARL TO THE WOLVES? As Ben sits at Eva’s hospital bedside, after she was attacked and left for ...
-
The previews are in for next week's Coronation Street and it looks as if it's going to be a good mix of high drama and some comedy D...
-
Thursday 24th September 2026 EVA FINDS HERSELF IN A BARREL OF TROUBLE Full of a cold, Eva sees Susie and Ben off for the audition in London....
